Technology evolution and growing demands are creating increasingly complex, high-performing networks and cabling. There is expectancy in higher availability of the network. Data Centres demand 99.99XX uptime. IT incidents are expected to be resolved faster and there is a need for improved security of your network.
With most of the IT services being outsourced, there is high-level performance expected from Service providers especially considering increasing trend in growth of remote location offices.
Some Critical problems faced by IT teams when it comes to physical infrastructure and networks are:
- Manual Documentation and software only documentation methods always need human interference for the timely update on the changes done within the network which involves the risk of inaccurate documentation.
- Poor documentation of cabling infrastructure often leads to increased downtime and delayed troubleshooting of IT Incidents. Once the IT Incidents Issues are resolved, recording the changes or updates are sometimes often forgotten or are pending work that would be done at a later stage increase risk on accuracy.
- More often than not, additional Switches are purchased to cater to the growth on the network without fully utilizing the existing network switch ports.
- While considering Moves, Adds and Changes, the physical connectivity path between the switch ports to the end user outlet are not accurate, sometimes leading to discontinuing of existing services or delays in installing new services.
- Identifying unauthorized devices is possible by most of the existing software by identifying the MAC/IP address of the rogue device, but accurately finding their location in your network is a difficult task and could compromise your organisation's security.
- Most of the IT services today are being outsourced but the management of cabling infrastructure is often forgotten which leads to a knowledge gap during transfer or handover of IT Services. The consequences increase in MTTR (Mean Time to Resolve) incidents.
For businesses to stay competitive, productive and enjoy profitable growth, they must also focus on IT supporting infrastructure. Documentation and administration of cabling infrastructure are critically important to ensure a minimum of downtime errors.
What is LANsense and Why?
LANsense helps you to manage your cabling infrastructure with ease. LANsense is Nexans’ Intelligent Automated Infrastructure Management Solution. LANsense benefits users in Enterprise and Data Centres, like IT Managers, IT Service Providers, Data Centre Manager, Network User.
LANsense is a combination of intelligent hardware and software which :
- Guarantees 100% accurate up to date documentation of the physical layer.
- Improves network utilization by identifying recoverable switch ports enabling accurate network capacity planning and reducing CAP-Ex and OP-Ex costs.
- Suggests the best routing path for performing and managing Moves, Adds, and Changes
- Provides a virtual view of organizations network.
- Help you to manage your organisations' network remotely and guides unskilled/semiskilled persons to perform changes during critical situations.
For more information on becoming a Nexans Certified LANsense Partner please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org